Wed 4 Apr 2007
Learn more about problems related to the implementaion of the Small Hydro projects in British Columbia.
- Watershed Watch Salmon Society Article (PDF)
- BC CPS Pamphlet (PDF)
- Hydro Map illustrates the scale of the proposed development in BC (external link to IPP Watch)
- BC CPS online petition (link to independent petition site gopetition.com)
- Rivers at Risk
- River Ecosystem Threat
- 49 Megawatts (Video 50 mb) a documentary about the building of the Ashlu Creek project under Bill 30
- The last drop a documentary that follows 5 kayakers down the endangered Memekay River and looks at small hydro issues in BC through interviews.
This is a great introduction to Run-of-River Hydropower.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.